Netflix has given a 10-episode series order to a sci-fi family drama “Raising Dion,” based on a short film and comic book by director Dennis Liu. The series revolves around a young, recently widowed African-American mother who discovers her son has magical powers. Her struggle with being a single mother is compounded by her need […]
(Promotional image above courtesy of ABC.)
After months of my son asking me when is the premiere of (his favorite TV show) Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., we finally got to watch it. Just a few thoughts I had:
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Brett Dalton + a 10:00 pm starting time = me feeling some kind of way. Sleepy, for one.
- I like Agent Coulson more than Director Coulson.
- FitzSimmons are much more attractive now that they’ve gotten together. They should have done this a long time ago!
- Note to Agent May: You really looked like such a hater when you were talking to Gemma. Not a good look for you.
- Wonder how Mack will use his exploding pen…
- Who’s faster — Yo Yo or Quicksilver? I hate Quicksilver, so I hope it’s Yo Yo. But I think The Flash is faster than both.
- I like Gabriel Luna as Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider. Even if he does look like the IT guy at my job. (The flaming skull would be appropriate after the IT guy tells someone for the fifth time to make sure the computer is on!)
- So, just as I’ve gotten used to calling Skye Daisy, now I have to call her Quake?!? Sigh!
- Note to self: Sliding Doors (starring John Hannah, who plays Dr. Radcliffe) is now on Netflix. Watch it!
- If she was on, I missed her, but I heard that Parminder Nagra is on the show now. As an aside, I think she’d make an awesome Doctor Who.
- This single episode was more racially/ethnically diverse than many networks’ entire schedules (I’m looking at you, CBS).
Looking forward to watching more episodes this season, even if the 10:00 start means a later bedtime for my son (and me).