We at Pop Rocking Culture have come up with a short list of what we want to see more of and less of in pop culture in the next year. Some are very obvious, while some less so. Here we go:
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE MORE OF IN 2015:
1. Adventure shows like Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
As regular readers of this blog probably guessed, we are big fans of MAOS at Pop Rocking Culture. Sure, you have Arrow and The Flash, but we want more!
2. Truly funny social media memes. When it came to new memes, we wondered if anything would rise to the level of the famous Batman slapping Robin meme. Some new memes were a bit confusing — what does Kermit the Frog drinking tea have to do with anything? But Michael Jackson eating popcorn as he eagerly awaits comments? Pres. Obama anticipating blame? Those are funny! Keep it coming, you people with nothing better to do!
3. The Simpsons. This created a bit of controversy here at Pop Rocking Culture — aren’t there 25 years worth of episodes to watch? But Blue Striker wants this show to go on forever! Hope you’re reading this, Fox and Matt Groening!
4. Wonder Woman. Earlier this year, Pop Rocking Culture posted a couple of articles about the casting and directing of upcoming movies featuring Wonder Woman. Add to that the bestselling book, Jill Lepore’s The Secret History of Wonder Woman, and you have a regular Amazing Amazon renaissance going on. Coming in 2015: Wonder Woman ’77, a digital comic book featuring the world of Wonder Woman as it was portrayed in the iconic 1970s TV show starring Lynda Carter, and another Wonder Woman book, Noah Berlatsky’s explicitly titled Wonder Woman: Bondage and Feminism in the Marston/Peter Comics, 1941-1948.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE LESS OF IN 2015:
Unfortunately, this list is much more obvious, because A LOT OF PEOPLE want to see less of:
1. Justin Bieber.
Good Justin, Bad Justin. How about No Justin?
2. Kim Kardashian. This includes her body parts, as well as her entire extended family.
3. Will and Kate. Another controversial selection by Blue Striker, because I love Will, Kate and the children (those here and yet to come). But I can see where Blue is coming from — he’s an American boy who has absolutely no use for royalty.
4. Family Guy. Okay, you had your revival. The door is to your right.
What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? We want to hear from you!